Finding the right steam mop for your hard surface floors is a bit of a tricky task. You want a mop that has the cleaning power that you need while still offering the lightweight portability, low cost of ownership, and ease of use that you desire. Steam mops have come a long way in the last few years. There are more than 250 currently on the market and more are added every year as the popularity of steam cleaning becomes more widespread. Let’s take a moment to look at a few of the best steam mops for tile. Here are the top currently on the market as of the time of this writing and why you should consider them for your next steam mop purchase.
8. Homasy Steam Mops for Floor Cleaning
This great looking mop has the kind of serious cleaning power that you want but a price that you will love. This unit boasts 1100 watts of power, which can turn your cleaning solution into a 110-degree torrent of dirt busting bravado. Perfect for almost all types of stone, including granite and marble, the specially designed pad can lift away dirt and grime in one pass. The steamer includes a carpet attachment to help loosen dirt and remove spots from even fine carpets without harsh chemicals or potential damage.
- 1100 watts of power
- 110-degree steam temp
- Durable microfiber pads
- Carpet cleaning attachment to help remove stains and ground in dirt
7. SKG 1500W Powerful Non-Chemical 212F Hot Steam Mops & Carpet and Floor
The SKG is one of the best steam mops on the market. 1500 watts of cleaning power drive your solution to 212 degrees and push it out fast and hard to get deep penetration for the most effective results. The best part about the package is the 6-in-1 cleaning accessories combined with the 3 full-size microfiber pads that make cleaning everything around your home a breeze. The SKG is perfect for not only ceramic tile, but also linoleum, marble, and even hardwood floors. The unit is also able to help remove stains and grime from carpet thanks to the included carpet attachment.
- 6-in-1 cleaning kit makes cleaning your whole home easy without harsh chemicals or cumbersome gadgets
- 3 full-size microfiber cleaning pads for quick and easy changeouts when needed
- Triangular head design to reach the tightest spaces
6. Bissell PowerEdge Lift Off Hard Wood Floor Cleaner
This amazing cleaner is not only perfect for taking care of all of your hard surface floors in your home, but for everything else in your home as well. This unit features a unique lift-off design that lets you remove the power steam unit from the steam mop body and use it as a pressurized steam cleaner for all kinds of cleaning tasks from shower walls to grout to faucets, drains, and more. The triangular head design makes it easy to fit into even the tightest of corners and the full tilt down handle system lets you get under even low to the floor furniture for easy and powerful cleaning. The unit comes packaged with several different configurations so you can find the one that is ideal for your unique cleaning needs.
- Lift off cleaning system lets you convert the steam mop to a handheld steam cleaner in moments and then back again
- Full tilt handle and triangular head design make cleaning even in corners and under furniture easy
- Adjustable steam volume with steam on demand trigger
5. Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
Powered by Shark this incredible steam mop offers full sanitizing level temperatures in as little as 30 seconds with the patented On-Demand Steam System. The extra-large tank and abundant steam jets on the foot make it simple to get down to business and remove even the toughest grime from all of your hard surface floors. Full-size cleaning head can use the included microfiber cloths or any reusable standard size and shape cleaning pad on the market that has a hook and loop attachment. The power cord is a full 18 feet long to give you the reach that you need to get everywhere you need to clean. The removable water tank makes it easy to refill thanks to the oversized opening and the extra-large size of the tank means that you will not have to refill as often, so you can clean faster and be done sooner.
- 18-foot power cord for effortless cleaning all over your home
- Easy to fill extra-large removable water tank
- 212-degree sanitizing
- Clean fast and easy with On-Demand Steam System
4. Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop
What is there not to love about this steam mop. First, it looks awesome, the sleek and stylish design is very modern and fits into any home environment. The built-in scent disc helps to keep your home fresh and smelling great while you clean, and the onboard cleaning brush on the lift-off body makes it easy to get even the toughest grime broken up easily. The steam head has lots of jets evenly spaced and can use any standard size hook and loop attachment cleaning pad as well as the included premium microfiber pads. An on-demand choice of high- or low-pressure steam makes it simple to choose between the two when moving from one surface to another.
- On the fly switching between high- and low-pressure steam for different surfaces
- Abundant steam jets and the ability to use any standard cleaning pad
- Lift off body design with a built-in grime busting brush for spot cleaning of heavy soil or tough stains
- Scent disc holder to freshen the air while cleaning your home
3. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Mop Cleaning Steamer
The Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop is a bare bones and basic commercial grade steam mop floor cleaner that does exactly what you want it to do, clean floors, and does it perfectly. The simple to use design makes it ideal for those who need to just get to it and get it done so they can move on to other tasks. The large tank includes a measuring cup that means you never have to worry about overfilling again. The large pad area cuts your cleaning time in half, and the simple steam trigger system in the oversized easy grip handle not only gives you control of the steam flow but of the entire unit for effortless cleaning. The unit features a unique Steam Engine that uses the movement of the mop to control the amount of steam generated. The foster you mop the more steam is released, if you stop moving the mop the steam pump stops releasing steam. The handle has a 360-degree swivel and a nearly fold-flat design to get under even low furniture.
- Steam Engine design, you control the amount of steam released by how fast you move the mop
- Easy grip handle and easy to use trigger for ultimate control
- Commercial grade system that cuts cleaning time in half without all the bells and whistles
2. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
Available in three colors the PowerFresh from Bissell is one of the most popular steam mops on the market and for good reason. The PowerFresh not only features incredible cleaning power, but it also has the power of another of the top brands in home cleaning partnered with it. The PowerFresh Series all have a special scent disk holder that can hold a Febreze Fragrance Disc to help freshen the air in your home while you are cleaning. These special discs contain a concentrated form of Febreze air fleshing solution that is activated when the disc comes in contact with steam.
- 1500 watts of power
- Special flip town scrubber to get deep into grout and seams
- Scent disc holder (Starter pack of Febreze Spring Fresh Fragrance Discs included)
- 3 steam levels to choose from
1. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop Floor Steamer
The best-selling steam mop on the market today is also our top choice recommendation. The Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop Floor Steam is a home grade version of the commercial grade unit mentioned above. Don’t let the sleek appearance, and more agile handling fool you, however, this mop has every bit the power of the one mentioned previously. The unit has an extra-long power cord, an easy to grip handle, and a large tank that provides enough steam through the oversized cleaning head to bust through even caked on dirt. The best part is that this cleaner powers up and is ready to dish out 212-degree sanitizing temp steam in only 20 seconds. Like the other Light ‘N’ Easy we talked about it also uses the unique LNE Steam Engine System that controls the flow of steam according to the movement of the cleaner. The more you move it, the faster you move it, the more steam is generated and released.
- Steam Engine System controls the amount of steam generated and release according to the movement of the cleaner
- 212F sanitizing temps to help keep your home healthy as well as clean
- Stylish design with extra-large cleaning head and easy movement handle with comfort grip